this is caused by fixing 4699771 - which javaws now depends on the JRE proxy password caching mechanism.
and because of the bug in the JRE code ( bug 4769350: proxy authentication username and password caching only works in serial case ), we run into this problem.
1. Make sure java web start is using password proxy:
2. go to java web start demo site on java.sun.com.
3. click on any demos. it will trigger java web start to launch the demo.
4. now the splash screen comes up. and then the download window. and next
should be the password dialog.
5. enter correct username and passowrd. click okay.
6. it will pop up another username dialog. but the downloading of resources
will continue and eventually the application will start and all dialogs goes
See bug 4769350 for root cause of this problem.