Name: rmT116609 Date: 09/14/2004
FULL PRODUCT VERSION :
java version "1.5.0-rc"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0-rc-b63)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0-rc-b63, mixed mode, sharing)
ADDITIONAL OS VERSION INFORMATION :
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM :
This bug is also detailed here: http://www.netbeans.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=48867
I am using the Windows L&F and getting the following usability bugs when using the JFileChooser:
1) It should be possible to double-click "slower"
without triggering rename. The Java dialog is far
more sensitive to rename than the default Windows
To clarify further, the rename problem occurs if you do the
- Click on folder in file chooser dialog. Now it has focus.
- Click to the right of the folder name. Now you see a rectangle
surrounds the folder name, but it is not choosen. (i.e. we just
- Now, it is impossible to double click on the folder without
triggering rename mode. This is very annoying.
2) When the JFileChooser is configured to allow returning a directory, hitting ENTER when a directory is selected (and the folder has the focus) returns
that directory. This makes it impossible to drill down using the keyboard. The preferred method is to interpret ENTER as "drill down" if the focus is
on a directory and as "open" if the cursor is anywhere else like on top of the open button or in the filename entry field.
This bug can be reproduced always.
(Incident Review ID: 310547)