This CR is an umbrella RFE for Mustang planning purpose. We added a new connection dialog, the new overview tab, deadlock detection UI in Mustang and also switched to use system LAF. It would be a contining effort to improve the usability of jconsole in the future release.
Consider for Mustang.
###@###.### 10/5/04 17:48 GMT
A heuristic evaluation was conducted on Feb 2-3, 2005 to identify and priorize the JConsole's UI issues. About 130 UI issues were identified. The following tasks were performed in the heuristic evaluation:
1. Connecting to a running JVM
2. Find out the process CPU time
3. Set up an alarm for monitoring memory usage against a specific threshold
4. Invoke an operation of a specific MBean
5. Set the log level of a specific logger
6. Get the thread dump of a specific thread
7. Check if any threads are in deadlock, and, if so, why
New RFEs will be submitted to address UI issues in Mustang to make jconsole more user-friendly. This CR is an umbrella for the Mustang jconsole feature.
###@###.### 2005-04-11 19:23:38 GMT