When using the New Plug-In, there is a lag time with blank page between accessing the applet and when the applet loads.
- With 6uN-b10 installed, start IE 7
- Load an applet. I used: http://java.sun.com/applets/jdk/1.4/demo/applets/Animator/example1.html
- Observe that:
1. The oranage box does not show, instead it is a blank page with static html code displayed.
2. When the status at the left bottom corner of a browser shows "done", it take about a second for the applet to load.
The behaviors are different from classic Plug-In in:
1. The orange box always shows when this same applet being loaded
2. No obvious lag time between the orange box dismisses and the applet loads
This could be a visual effect problem (no orange box shows); therefore, we see a lag time. However, the visual behaviors are different in these 2 plug-ins.