Steps to reproduce:
1. As Vista admin user w/UAC-on, Install 6u10
2. Open the JCP and find out the next time jcheck.exe will run through the Java Controlpanel
3. Set the UpdateServletXML registry key to a map file that points to 6u11
4. Set the system day/time to >5 minute before that time
5. run jre/bin/jusched.exe and wait 5 minutes for the update to happen
The user shouldn't be bothered until the update is already downloaded and ready to actually be installed.
1. The user gets a UAC prompt for jucheck.exe
2. After approving, it goes away while the msi is being downloaded (could take several minutes)
3. The user is then told an update is available.