Reproducible on machine:
[If sometimes] Also reproducible on machine:
Is it a platform specific regression: Y
[If yes] Is it a new platform support: N
[If yes] Regression relative to OS version:
Is it a Regression: Y
[If yes] Regression introduced in release/build: 7b54
[If yes] Test result on FCS: See the actual result.
Test run log location:
Test run result location:
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download test bundle JDK7b121 from
2. Install test bundle jdk-7-ea-bin-b121-linux-i586-09_dec_2010.bin
Jdk7b121 can't be installed on SLES10 X86 and it throws exception:
.jdk-7-ea-bin-b121-linux-i586-09_dec_2010.bin: line 199: 5557 Floating point exception./$outname
Failed to extract the files. Please refer to the Troubleshooting section of
the Installation Instructions on the download page for more information.
The 32bit bundle should be installed successfully on SLES10 X86.
1. On platform sles11 x86 with same build it can be installed.
2. Verified on b48, b49, b50, b51, b52, b53, there is no issue.
3. Verified on b54, b55, b56, they all have this issue.
4. Verified on b65, b66, b70, b109, they all have this issue.
It is not clear if this is an issue. I have a system for testing of the issue reported here. If this issue is to be fixed. Can someone verif that we are to fix and support this version.
A test system for reproducing the problem and trying out the change is available.
jds-suse10.us.oracle.com --- 64-bit SuSE 10 with NO SP.