FULL PRODUCT VERSION :
java version "1.6.0_24"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
ADDITIONAL OS VERSION INFORMATION :
Linux v60x-so16 2.6.32-26-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Wed Nov 24 09:00:03 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM :
Please have a look at http://openoffice.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=117203
REGRESSION. Last worked in version 6u22
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM :
- Install Oracle Open Office or OpenOffice.org latest release 3.3
- Create new database (File->New->Database)
- Create new table and save
- Double click on table and fill in some data
- Close table and reopen it
The problem seems to be in java.net.PlainSocketimpl.socketAccept which is very slow in comparison against JRE 1.6 update 22.
EXPECTED VERSUS ACTUAL BEHAVIOR :
Fast reopen of the table.
Takes a long time.
This bug can be reproduced always.